The Zealot is a village-aligned killing role. They are intent on ridding their village from evil and are willing to take matters into their own hands if they feel the village isn't doing enough. If the village fails to lynch a player during the day, the Zealot will randomly kill someone that night.
- The Zealot is seen as member of the village by the Seer.
- The Zealot is not seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Zealot is seen visiting by the Stalker/Familiar/another Harlot.
- The Zealot is seen as a killer by the Adjudicator.
- The Zealot cannot kill themselves at night. The random kill is selected from all other (living) players minus themselves.
- They Zealot is unable to kill a role with night-immunity. The Zealot will be able to kill a player that is protected by a Protector, Huntsman, or Shaman. The Huntsman's and/or Shaman's ability is not triggered by this.
- A Zealot in the village usually indicates a limited amount of nightly killing power. It could indicate that there is no Vampire or Wolfpack, but that there are only Coven members, as enemies. You can compare the amount of kills at night, if any, with the lynch vote results (whether someone is lynched or not). If there is only ever a nightly kill when no lynch is made, it is quite probable that you are the only nightly killer!
- As described in the previous tip, the Zealot's presence holds implicit information about the setup of the game, and with some investigation you may come to very concrete conclusions about what enemies the village faces. It is important to share this information with the village in time: the village now knows how to interpret some of the deaths in the village, what they're up against, and that they should lynch someone if they do not want your random kill to occur. This is (especially) relevant in a closed setup, where the village knows nothing at the start of the game.
- The Zealot may often play in a game where the Coven is present. You must be wary that, if there is a Succubus, they could redirect your random kill to fit the Coven's agenda!