The Illuminati Leader is a villager with the ability to recruit other players into the Illuminati. The Illuminati are sworn enemies of the Masons and wish to see them eradicated from the Village in addition to any evil factions that are present.
- The Illuminati Leader is seen as member of the village by the Seer.
- The Illuminati Leader is not seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Illuminati Leader is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
- The Illuminati Leader is limited to 2 recruits per game.
- If the Illuminati Leader tries to recruit a Werewolf or a Vampire, they are killed.
- The Illuminati Leader is not able to recruit any player who already has a night-faction (Familiar, Coven member, Undead member, Mason, Inquisition Member) but will not be killed if they try. This failed recruit does not count towards the ability use limit.
- The recruited villager retains their original ability.
- The recruited villager is notified that they have been recruited in the morning and who recruited them, but not who any other Illuminati may be.
- The Illuminati Leader gets a notification if a successful recruit has been made. No notification is given if the recruit is unsuccessful, but in that case the Illuminati Leader can draw their own conclusion...
- If a player is targeted by multiple Village sub-factions (Masons, Illuminati, Inquisition) then the recruit will fail for all of them.
- The Illuminati only win if the village wins AND there isn't more than 1 member of the Masons still alive at the end of the game.
Tips for playing Illuminati Leader
- An Illuminati Leader is very effective in creating a team of village members that verify each other. It also allows a recruited village member to share their valuable information with the village through another, so without exposing themselves.
- It is usually wise to not recruit the first night; you can give yourself some time to first assess the village. Don't wait too long with your (first) recruit though!
- It depends on the setup whether it is wise to expose yourself before making your recruit. In case you die, the village may at least use the information that you tried to recruit a specific person. But it wouldn't be wise if you suspect there is no one to protect you in the first place, and the presence of Coven members makes your task more difficult as well (a Succubus may redirect you, for example).
- You may, as Illuminati, agree on certain code words with which you can verify each other the following day, by stating them in the village day chat. This helps protect the Illuminati against Djinn-swaps and Shapeshifts, for example.
- In a game with the Masons present, you must make sure to garner the favour of the village so that they can assist you in getting rid of the Masons as it is part of your win-condition. This can be achieved by with-holding or negotiating the exchange of crucial information to uncover the evils in the village.
- You may end up finding a Mason member at night if you fail to recruit them. You can use this knowledge to your advantage and eliminate them in secrecy if you have a Militia/Maple wolf in your team.
2018-01-01: Illuminati Leader introduced in ext-200