The Reviver has the ability to bring back a player from the dead. They can only use this ability once per game.
- The Reviver is seen as member of the village by the Seer.
- The Reviver is seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Reviver is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
- There are three roles that are associated with a revive report in the village: the Reviver, the Witch, and the Messiah.
Tips for playing Reviver
- You can wait with your revive until you know the identity of an important village member in the Graveyard. Thereby you do run the risk of getting killed before you can use your ability.
- Alternatively, you revive early on in the game. What is considered a 'safe revive' (you don't want to revive an enemy!) depends strongly on the setup. If there is only a Wolfpack or a Vampire, anyone who dies at night is usually part of the village (there are some exceptions, which you have to consider). People that are lynched or people that die in a night with more than one death, are more likely not a village member.
- If you consider when and whom to revive, these are things to consider: the simple addition of a village member (for parity checks), the revived player's abilities (if any), and the amount of (new) information this player would be able to bring back from the Graveyard.
- In a game that includes the Coven, you have to be wary of a Djinn swapping players in the Graveyard. In that case, you have to revive a confirmed village member the first night after the village member is confirmed; before the Djinn can swap them with another player (the Djinn may still swap them with another player: in that case you will revive the right player, but in a different character).