The Tarot Reader is a village member with a once-per-game ability to discover what roles are currently in the game, with a count of how many are still alive.
- The Tarot Reader is seen as member of the village by the Seer.
- The Tarot Reader is seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Tarot Reader visits themselves to activate their ability.
- The Tarot Reader is seen visiting themselves (only) on the night they use their ability.
- The order in which the roles are given are randomised.
- Players currently in the graveyard are not counted towards the per-role count (roles that exist within the game with no living players will show as 0).
- If players change role (e.g. due to purging or recruitment) and there are no more players in the game with that role, it will not be displayed.
- The list of roles is based on the situation in the night the ability is used. It does not take into account any players that are resurrected/killed that night. This means that the role count may deviate from the number of players alive in the village the morning you get the report.
Tips for playing Tarot Reader
- The Tarot Reader is usually only implemented in games where the list of roles is given. The Tarot Reader can use their ability to verify all current role claims in the village.
- Since you have a very powerful ability, it is important that you try to not expose yourself - the evil factions will want you dead as soon as possible. Once the village knows your identity, it is usually wise to use your ability soon after - the village cannot guarantee your safety (for long)!