Novice Tarot Reader
The Novice Tarot Reader is a member of the Village. They are able to select two players at night to draw cards from. Five cards will be drawn, two of which correspond to each player chosen. A random card will be drawn that corresponds to a random player. The order of the cards drawn are randomized.
Each card reflects one of three facets - alignment, killing ability, and witchcraft status. There are some cards that can be interpreted in two ways, for example, Magician meaning both a witchcraft user and a Coven member.
- A member of the Village, or the Direwolf
- A member of the Wolfpack, Blood Moon Cult, or a Lycan Villager
- A member of the Coven
- A Puppet, held by the Coven's Puppetmaster
- Balanced Scales
- A Neutral player, such as the Drunk
- A member of the Undead
- A member of the Damned
- A Zombie, part of the Undead
- A member of the Demons
- A member of any faction not listed above, such as the Vampires
- Capable of killing
- Incapable of killing
- User of Witchcraft
- Incapable of Witchcraft
- The Novice Tarot Reader is seen as member of the village by the Seer.
- The Novice Tarot Reader is seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Novice Tarot Reader is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
- The Novice Tarot Reader is not seen as a killer by the Adjudicator.
- Items are factored into the card readings. For example, a Milita (who does not use witchcraft) that is holding a Rune (causing witchcraft status to other witchcraft-detecting roles), may cause a Magician card to be drawn. Similarly, a Seer with a crossbow may cause a Death card to appear.
- People may be distrusting of a Novice Tarot Reader, as the card reads can be intentionally made vague to force opponents to claim a role that is difficult to get the village to believe without evidence.
2018-01-01Introduced in ext-350