Novice Tarot Reader
The Novice Tarot Reader is a member of the Village. They are able to select two players at night to draw cards from. Five cards will be drawn, two of which correspond to each player chosen. A random card will be drawn that corresponds to a random player in that game. The order of the cards drawn are randomized.
Each card reflects one of three facets - alignment, killing ability, and witchcraft status. There are some cards that can be interpreted in two ways, two examples are Dove and Magician cards. The Dove card may come from alignment meaning "Village member", or from killing ability meaning "not a killer". The Magician card may come from alignment meaning "Coven member", or from Witchcraft status, meaning "user of Witchcraft".
- A member of the Village, or the Direwolf
- A member of the Wolfpack, Blood Moon Cult, or a Lycan Villager
- A member of the Coven
- A Puppet, held by the Coven's Puppetmaster
- Balanced Scales
- A Neutral player, such as the Drunk
- A member of the Undead
- A member of the Damned
- A Zombie, part of the Undead
- A member of the Demons
- A member of any faction not listed above, such as the Vampires
- Capable of killing
- Incapable of killing
- User of Witchcraft
- Incapable of Witchcraft
- The Novice Tarot Reader is seen as member of the village by the Seer.
- The Novice Tarot Reader is seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Novice Tarot Reader is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
- The Novice Tarot Reader is not seen as a killer by the Adjudicator.
- Items are factored into the card readings. For example, a Milita (who does not use witchcraft) that is holding a Rune (causing witchcraft status to other witchcraft-detecting roles), may cause a Magician card to be drawn. Similarly, a Seer with a crossbow may cause a Death card to appear.
- People may be distrusting of a Novice Tarot Reader, as the card reads can be intentionally made vague to force opponents to claim a role that is difficult to get the village to believe without evidence.
2018-01-01Introduced in ext-350