The Mortician is able to discover the exact method used to kill a player. The Mortician is also able to determine if the dead player is a member of the Undead.
- The Mortician is seen as member of the village by the Seer.
- The Mortician is not seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Mortician is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
- The Mortician is not seen as a killer by the Adjudicator.
- Killed by a Wolf: "Mauled by pointy claws".
- Killed by a Militia: "Shot to the head".
- Killed by a Voodoo Doctor: "The brain was missing".
- Killed by a Vampire: "Drained of blood".
- Killed by lynching: "Hung by the Neck".
- Killed by a Witch: "Killed by Magic".
- Killed by a Furie: "Killed by Magic".
- Killed by a SkinChanger: "Skin turned inside out".
- Killed by a Crossbow: "Took an arrow to the knee".
- Killed by a Dagger: "Stabbed".
- Killed by a Poison Dart: "Poisoned".
- Killed by a War Spear: "Impaled".
- If the player died by any other means, the report will be "Undetermined".
- Since the report for checking a lynched player is always the same as compared to night kills, you should only dig a lynched player if you have suspicions that they might be an Undead member or to confirm a swap of a previously-checked player.