The Villager, nicknamed 'Vanilla(ger)', is the most common role in the game. They have no special powers but are an important member of the village. They have to help find all evils in the village. Many experienced players find the Villager to be their favourite role, as they only have their own logic and reasoning to rely on.
- The Villager is seen as member of the village by the Seer (see Notes).
- The Villager is not seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Villager is not seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar (see Notes).
- IMPORTANT: When your role description is Villager it is possible you are actually another role, unless you can exclude the possibility (because the role list is given). The Villager is the only role for which this holds. The Villager could also be Insomniac, Lycan, or Sleepwalker.
Tips for playing Villager
- Call out your suspicions, when/if you get eaten by the wolves the survivors can look at what you said in a new light, as now you're most likely trustworthy. It's just a shame you're dead.
- Be proactive - don't wait for the Seer to come in as a shining knight to win the day for you. They may already be dead.
- Keep an eye out for suspicious alliances in between players when they have no obvious reason to have any.
- The wolves would rather focus on killing power roles like the Seer or Protector, so by speaking up and offering helpful theories you're helping to buy them time as well.