The Courtesan is a member of the Village. Each night they may visit a single living player and block them from using their ability at night. In the morning the target recieves a message indicating they have been blocked.
- The Courtesan is seen as member of the village by the Seer.
- The Courtesan is not seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Courtesan is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
Notes on the Courtesan
- The Courtesan cannot block a Succubus, Djinn, or any role with night-immunity. They may block a Sleepwalker and Insomniac, even though these roles may not even be aware that they had a special ability at all.
- If the Courtesan is blocked by another role-blocker, they will receive the normal "You were role-blocked last night" message, but the block will have no effect.
- The Courtesan can be redirected by a Succubus.
- If the target of the Courtesan's block used their ability, then it will be as if it was not used. (This means that limited-use abilities are not depleted if they are activated but blocked and roles that normally can not target the same player twice will be able to retarget their attempted target.)
Tips for playing Courtesan
- The Courtesan appears and acts very much like the Direwolf. It can be hard for the village to tell them apart.
- Choose your targets carefully - you don't want to accidentally block a village role.
- The target of the Courtesan receives a message in the morning: "You were role-blocked last night, your night action did not take place." - even if they did not use their ability, or did not have an ability to be blocked.
2018-01-01: Courtesan introduced in ext-200