The Courtesan is a member of the Village. Each night they may visit a single living player and block them from using their ability at night. In the morning the target recieves a message indicating they have been blocked.
- The Courtesan is seen as member of the village by the Seer.
- The Courtesan is not seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Courtesan is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
- The Courtesan is not seen as a killer by the Adjudicator.
- The Courtesan cannot block a Succubus, Djinn, or any role with night-immunity. They may block a Sleepwalker and Insomniac, even though these roles may not even be aware that they had a special ability at all.
- If the Courtesan is blocked by another role-blocker, they will receive the normal "You were role-blocked last night" message, but the block will have no effect.
- The Courtesan can be redirected by a Succubus.
- If the target of the Courtesan's block used their ability, then it will be as if it was not used. (This means that limited-use abilities are not depleted if they are activated but blocked and roles that normally can not target the same player twice will be able to retarget their attempted target.)
- The Courtesan appears and acts very much like the Direwolf. It can be hard for the village to tell them apart.
- Choose your targets carefully - you don't want to accidentally block a village role.
- The target of the Courtesan receives a message in the morning: "You were role-blocked last night, your night action did not take place." - even if they did not use their ability, or did not have an ability to be blocked.
2018-01-01Introduced in ext-200