The Harpy is a member of the Coven who can manipulate voting outcomes. They have the abilities Silence and Shroud.
Silence causes the vote of the target player to carry no weight (like a Puppet).
Shroud causes the votes cast against the target player to carry no weight. They will not be lynched even if they have the highest total.
- The Harpy is seen as a member of the Coven by the Seer.
- The Harpy is seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Harpy is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
Notes on the Harpy
- Both abilities count as a visit.
- Both abilities may be cast on the same night. Both abilities are available every night. Silence and Shroud targets receive the same cryptic message in the morning.
- You cannot visit the same player on consecutive nights (this includes Shrouding one night, and Silencing the next, for example.
- If you target a player in the grave on the night they are revived, the shroud or silence effect carries into the land of the living.
Tips for playing Harpy
- Silence players who are likely to vote against you if you are in a tight spot, or use it to frame someone as a Puppet when a lynch doesn't go through.
- Shroud a fellow Coven who has been caught out to save them for another night, or use it to stop an obvious lynch - and watch the second lynch choice go to the grave.
- Although Silence is the more offensive ability and Shroud defensive, you are not restricted on who you can target with either (friend or foe).
- Consider faking a visiting role as you can visit both the living and the dead. But beware - the cryptic message your target sees may give you away!
- Silence and shroud targets receive this message in the morning: You had strange dreams in the night, they have shaken your faith in democracy.
2017-10-19: Harpy introduced in shb-001