The Voodoo Doctor is a member of the Undead. During the day they have control over a Zombie that they can swap identities with. At night, they can zombify a living player to shift the Zombie into their identity, with a one-night cooldown.
- The Voodoo Doctor is seen as a member of the Undead by the Seer.
- The Voodoo Doctor is not seen as a user of Witchcraft.
- The Voodoo Doctor is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
- The Voodoo Doctor is seen as a killer by the Adjudicator.
- During the day the Voodoo Doctor can swap identities between themselves and their Zombie.
- A zombified player will die in the old Zombie's body and the Voodoo Doctor will have control over the player's old identity.
- Zombification takes one night to recharge after a successful use.
- Like with Puppets, votes cast by the Zombie will be seen by other players, but they do not count at the end of the day.
- The Voodoo Doctor's zombification works similarly to a wolf kill, so normal protection rules apply.
- The Voodoo Doctor cannot zombify anyone on the first night.
- Like all members of the Undead, the Voodoo Doctor is still able to hear their faction night chat whilst in the Graveyard. If there is a Medium alive this can allow passing of information to/from the dead.
- The village may remain unaware of the death of a player zombified by the Voodoo Doctor, but the graveyard chat will typically notice much more quickly.
- If the Zombie is killed or lynched, the Voodoo Doctor will still be able to zombify another player when the time comes. This makes them great cannon fodder if other members of the Undead are under fire.
- It is generally accepted that in games with a Zombie (which can be noticed by seeing an increase in the player count at the start of the game), early intel that incriminates players is to be heavily scrutinised or outright distrusted. The Voodoo Doctor may wish to zombify an already-claimed player to manipulate their intel, or to have the Zombie claim at a later point.
- The Zombie is expendable. The Voodoo Doctor can make bold lies during the day using it, and fear no consequences if the Zombie is lynched.
- The Voodoo Doctor should differentiate the writing style of their main identity and their Zombie identity. If they zombify a player, the Zombie should adapt their writing style to avoid detection.
2018-01-01Introduced in ext-200
2020-08-01The Zombie no longer dies automatically after 2 days. Zombification is now based on a cooldown.