The Essence Thief is a neutral player. Their goal is to steal a player's role and to keep it until the end of the game.
The victim of the Essence Thief becomes 'Displaced' and will be trying to re-capture their original role.
- The Essence Thief is seen as a neutral Party by the Seer.
- The Essence Thief is seen as a user of witchcraft.
- The Essence Thief is seen visiting by the Harlot/Stalker/Familiar.
- The Essence Thief is not seen as a killer by the Adjudicator.
- The Essence Thief is only used in Speed Games.
- Once the Essence Thief successfully steals a role from a player, they become that role completely, including any night chats and victory conditions.
- One time abilities will be available to the Essence Thief even if the victim had already used it.
- If the Displaced manages to successfully target the Essence Thief, the Essence Thief will revert to their original role and be killed, causing them to lose the game.
- An Essence Thief that fails to steal a role at all during the course of the game will lose.
2018-09-15introduced in spd-117