The Mason Leader is a villager with the ability to recruit players into the Masons. Once part of the Masons, they can talk to each other in secret at night.
- If the Mason Leader tries to recruit a Werewolf or a Vampire, they are killed
- The Mason Leader is not able to recruit a Familiar or a Coven member, but will not be killed if they try
- The recruited villager retains their original ability
- The recruited villager is notified that they have been recruited in the morning and who recruited them, but not who any other Masons may be
- The Mason Leader is (usually) limited to 2 recruits per game
- A failed recruit (such as a Coven member) does not count towards the limit